Considering how many different qualifications are on offer to young people today, what makes Arts Award worth doing?
* The Arts Award is supported by The Arts Council
and Trinity College London
* The Gold Arts Award is recognised by University and College Admission Service (UCAS)
and is worth 35 UCAS Tariff Points if you plan on going into higher education. The Gold Arts Award is comparable to a AS Level qualification Grade C.
* The Bronze Arts Award can be achieved with around 3 hours 1-to-1 mentoring and around 40 hours of study time.
* A proportion of your study time is independent learning. This means that your hours of study are flexible.
* Arts and culture are key to the leisure and tourism industry and it is estimated that the arts are worth around £86 billion to the UK economy. There are over 1 million people directly employed in the arts and culture.
* If you are considering a career in Media, Visual Arts, Cultural Heritage, Dance, Theatre or Music you should consider Arts Award qualifications.
There are a few things that we just need to mention because they are really important!
* Wentworth Youth Theatre mentors are qualified teachers and have full CRB checks.
* Wentworth Youth Theatre has access to a range of resources (technical, costumes, venues etc.) to support your studies. These are available at no extra cost to you.
* Wentworth Youth Theatre is a not-for-profit organisation.
* All participants in 'Take Centre Stage' must have parental / carer's consent to take part.
* Your Wentworth Youth Theatre mentor will discuss the agreed programme with parents / carers. Parents / carers must give their approval before the course starts.